Saturday, August 9, 2008

If a seven year old girl asks you why you want to be president, here's what you should say:

"Well thank you for asking, young lady, that's a wonderful question. You know what I think is the most important thing in the world? I think the most important thing in the world is for people to help each other. And that's what is wonderful about the job of President of the United States; the man or woman who is president can help a LOT of people. If I am elected president there are a great many people I'd like to help--people just like you, your parents, your friends, and their parents.

"Maybe someday you will be president; then you can help a lot of people, too. But whatever you do when you grow up, remember: everybody can make a difference; everyone can do something to make this a better country and a better world. That's why even if I don't get elected president I'm still going to do everything I can to help America and all its friends."

No comments: